Sunday 27 April 2014

Park Runs

My friend recommended parkruns as a way of getting fit. Parkrun are free, weekly, 5km timed runs around the world. They are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in. I am so overweight and unfit that these are a big challenge for me. My knees hurt. My hips hurt. And I generally take over an hour to complete the course. But it does give me an enormous sense of achievement. Plus it's great to do something as a family.

My beautiful girls have expressed an interest in the park run so I bought a set of gloves and pads for us to mess around with at home. When I first did parkrun I was in agony for the rest of the day. Today I got home and had some fun with the kids I was so proud of myself.

Not to mention spending the afternoon walking around the shops! Moving, moving, moving...

My mood blasting exercises today;
One hour park run
10 forward punches
10 side punches
10 hooks
10 squats
10 star jumps

I did two sets when I woke up and before bed.
One hour park run! 

My food intake today:
Porridge with blueberries
KFC fries with gravy
A slice of carrot cake
Fish, rice and string beans
1/4 cup of chocolate raisins 

What I did differently:
Played physical games with the kids





No comments:

Post a Comment